Tuesday, July 21, 2015

As Neil So Eloquently Put It...


Dear Lord, when Neil is right...he's seriously right.

Writing isn't about telling people that you're a writer. It isn't about continually spouting to others about the brilliant idea you have for a story. It's about sitting down and getting it done even when it's most difficult. That's includes when you've had a crazy busy week like I had last week. Weeks where you know the time you have is limited so you put as much of it on paper as you can and keep it moving until the next time. Which could be during the wee smas of the night, or days later.                           

Thankfully, I've reached a point in what I'm writing currently that I'm close enough to being done that I can see the faint change in lighting to indicate that there might indeed be something new or different, some form of freedom, at the end of the current dark corridor that I'm in.

But seeing the change in the darkness is difficult at best currently. I have to do what every person who creates, regardless of the medium, must do if they want to see what they envision come into being....I have to keep pouring words on the page. One after another, after another, after another.

I advise you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment