Monday, July 20, 2009

Amazing Birthday Continues

Because my daughter forgot to take yesterday, my actual birthday off, she decided to make up for being such a rotten daughter, by taking me out to dinner tonight. I hadn't a clue where she was taking me until we reached the SU (Syracuse University) Campus.

Being diplomatic, she gave me the choice of two restaurants.

Now, she knew better than to do this because when I'm the one making decisions for someone other than just me, I've been known to bounce between two or three decisions because I want as many people as possible to be happy with the decision. While if it's just little ole me, making a decision is super easy.

She'd picked out two restaurants, "Appethazing" a thai restaurant...I'm a big fan of thai....and "Aladdin's Eatery" known for its natural ingredients and meditterranean food, most of which is vegetarian. The "most of which" is what made me choose "Aladdin's."

Thirty seconds into the restaurant and...

SWEET MERCIFUL SAVIOR!!!!

It was the first time in ages that I'd gone somewhere for dinner and had more than two or three choices. The menu wasn't huge, but with four or five choices from each area of the menu we both just sat there stumped for the first ten minutes until the waitress had mercy on us...well, me really. As usual, the brat knew what she wanted immediately, she had mousaka.

Indecisive me, I had a veggie combo plate chocked full with four appetizer sized selections from their menu. My faves, the spanikopita (spinach pie) and the tourlou (a stew-oup of sorts with eggplant, chickpeas, roasted red peppers and tomatoes). I ate until I was...not necessarily full, but so satisfied I couldn't contemplate dessert. Fact is, about the only thing I can think about right now, is a fabulous cup of red zinger tea.

It was an amazing meal and a great way to celebrate my birthday, thanks to the brat. Yep...all I can think about is the tea...too bad the leftover cake and ice cream's calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment