Friday, July 17, 2015

Pinterest



Pinterest is my latest and most truly "useful" addiction. I decided to start using it when I thought I'd lost pictures for the muses of a story I've been working on off and on for a couple of years.

The pictures for the male muse are so difficult to find online that I nearly wept at the thought of permanently losing them because he doesn't have a website and whatever blog I found him on is long gone. He's been "Nikhil Ra'Jar" in my mind for the past two years. But, I haven't a clue as to his real name or how to locate additional pictures of him. Nearly losing the pictures I had for him and his best friend Parshen, terrified me.

 
Wisely, I restarted my tablet for the first time in probably two or three days, and all of the pictures magically reappeared.
 
Thank, God.
 
 
Thankfully, before I found myself curled up in a ball on the floor crying like a baby I decided to pay attention to what all my writer friends were doing on Pinterest and I saved copies of the pictures there!

For writers, Pinterest is a great place to save photos and clips of videos that inspire you to write in general, or create boards for specific stories.

Not too long ago I started another board for the current story I'm working on for Camp NaNoWriMo: "If The Shoe Fits."

I've become far too addicted to this board. It has everything that I love.







A sexy man.

A heroine I can relate to.
 





And SHOES!!!!!



 







However, for as helpful as Pinterest can be, its like a giant vat of quicksand waiting to pull you in if you let it. And frequently, I let it because it's also the quickest way to locate visual notes for whatever story I'm working on, or thinking about working on in the near or distant future.

To check out what I'm doing on Pinterest, and discover what author is using little old moi as inspiration for a book she's currently working on, look me up!  https://www.pinterest.com/mimitremont/

And if you want to check out the pictures I thought I'd lost: Nikhil and Parshen.

But make it quick. We both need to get our butts off Pinterest and get back to writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment